Friday, September 7, 2018

#DIY30 Day Six

  
My Assistant DM, Vega


A Day Late...

I wasn't feeling well enough to write yesterday.  My energy got sapped by a headache and nausea, but I'm feeling ok today.

"Oh, do you need this notebook?"


And A Dollar Short

Lord Vortulak's Estate

Lord Vidor Vortulak was once a skilled mage and alchemist living in his ancestral home, an elegant manor house surrounded by a productive vineyard.  Being quite the intelligent and charming fellow that he was, he caught the eye of the Nephilidian Queen.  She soon made him her lover and quite quickly after that she made him a vampire like herself.  Despising his condition and enslavement by such a monster, he escaped.  Knowing there would be no acceptance of him as a vampire, he masqueraded as his nephew for a time.  Once gossip began, regarding his ageless appearance, he left on an extended research mission.  His curiosity and diligent studies led him to find clues to the reversal of vampirism back to a mortal being.  After a suitably timed period, he has returned to Vortulak Estate as his grandnephew. 

Presently he prefers to visit the estate periodically, instead of residing there permanently.  This strategy is partly to allay suspicions about him and also to allow himself the ability to travel prolifically for reasearch.  He employs a very small house staff to maintain the house and garden.  The vineyard employs seasonal workers to produce the grapes for wine production.  Vortulak Vineyards is a well regarded name among the region's oenophiles.

I'm working on the room descriptions and wandering monster table, but I don't think I'll be finished with that today.  Since I've made his estate a vineyard, I'll probably need to draw a few maps of outbuildings for the agricultural and wine producing stuff.  Some of this should be done and ready to go tomorrow.
Printed out a PDF of The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh to highlight what I'll use from it



 

No comments:

Post a Comment