Wednesday, September 5, 2018

#DIY30 Day Five

Recycling and Reskinning A Classic AD&D Module

Today and tomorrow I'm working on Lord Vortulak's Estate.  Lord Vortulak is a former wizard turned vampire whose estate is several miles away from Halwic.  I've chosen to take the maps from "The Haunted House" section of U1 "The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh" module and re-write/re-populate as needed.  I bought this PDF over a year ago for the purpose of re-skinning it for just this purpose, IIRC.

The Haunted House=Lord Vortlak's Estate


 Earlier in this campaign, I used another classic AD&D module N2 " The Forest Oracle."  In the case of that adventure, I only lightly modified/adapted it.  It ended up being quite deadly for the PCs and their NPC followers!  In reading the introduction to U1, I'm getting a feel for the changes I'll be making to this adventure location to tie into the NPC antagonist that I put in my campaign three and a half years ago.  More on that tomorrow!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment