Friday, August 7, 2026

Eclipse in Leo-Total Eclipse of the Heart


 

 

 

Total Eclipse of the Heart


Here I am having astrological musings, again.  The upcoming solar eclipse takes place 

on August 12th, in the sign of Leo.  The areas that will be in the path of totality are 

Greenland, Iceland, the Atlantic Ocean, and northern Spain.  I live in the Pacific Northwest, 

so I don’t know if I’ll get to see a partial eclipse.  I remember the August 2017 eclipse 

because I was in the path of totality and got to experience how the birds act during the event.  

They all flew up into the cedar and doug fir trees to roost like they do at night, but in a more 

urgent and condensed time frame.


The 9 years between now and then have been strange on a personal layer; probably a bit 

strange on that layer that is called the wider world.  My interest and grasp of astrology has 

deepened in that time.  It’s a great time to be into it, so much has been popping off in the 

last six years.  Leo has its correspondences with the heart (both physical and metaphorical) 

and courage.  As I was lying in bed last night, pondering the upcoming celestial event, the 

title to the Bonnie Tyler song “Total Eclipse of the Heart” popped into my head and I thought 

it would be the perfect title for this.


My “heart” has been in several ongoing creative projects, so maybe we’ll see how that 

changes over the next 6 months or so.  This can be a marker!  Back up to the wider world 

layer, the eclipses seem to “hit hardest” in the path of totality, so another marker on those 

locations I listed above.


As per the last few months, my lunar musings also include a link to my Substack:)  I’ve 

posted a few videos of my recent solo play endeavor I call Sololoft, a Ravenloft/

Shadowdark/Solodark mashup.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment